Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm graduating in the morning....

....ding dong the bells are gonna chime...!
Nope, just doesn't work, does it?

It's the Graduation Ceremony for my year of Breastfeeding Peer Counsellors tomorrow and I'm nervy for more than one reason, though looking forward to it all the same.

Did I mention on here that during our course we had to design breast feeding posters? Well my group (of 3 women) kinda bliped it up there - we ended up making a poster each! Actually, I think there might have even been an extra one, damn, it would be useful to remember what it was right now...
Well one of the women, F, is lovely, but quite softly spoken, and the other in my group can't make it to the graduation tomorrow (she's gutted, the poor thing), so that means it will probably be me who has to make the presentation during the graduation tomorrow. And that means 2 - or maybe 3 - posters to present, if I assume that F will want to present her own. And there's the one that I can't even remember, so I'll have to wing it at the time I think!

I'm also kinda eeked that I'm going to make a fool of myself in some way. One worry is my fellow BFPCs will be going ultra casual, when I really want to take this opportunity to dress up and look good! I want to celebrate the fact that I've achieved something, and I'm not going to feel that I've done that if I go in jeans and a t-shirt.
Fortunately, Rebecca has just returned to the country and one of the first things she said to me was 'what am I going to wear?!' and so we are going to show the other ladies how it's done at our cafe ;)

Rowan is hot and ill. I'm hoping not too ill. He managed nursery fine today, but I did give him a dose of paracetamol before going in as he seemed as though he was starting to droop. Tonight in bed I've heard him moan a few times, which isn't a good sign. Tomorrow my mother in law is supposed to be having him in the morning and taking him to school in the afternoon for me. I'm pretty sure that she will be fine keeping him at home if he's too ill for school, but I'll feel bad about it if that happens. I know that there will be no good in bringing him tomorrow though - he's rather be at his nanny's where he can lie down if he needs it.

Other than that, I think I have no worries about tomorrow, apart from maybe getting there on time, and the fact that it looks like it's going to pour down. Grrreat.

On the plus side, I get to meet up with all my fellow BF enthusiasts, and talk lots about the subject, and of course about how we have done something good with ourselves. Getting to show off the posters will be nice, as there were some crackers made by some of the groups.
Dame Donna (wish I could remember her last name) will be there, and apparently she's lovely and has done loads for our area in health care. Liam has booked the day off tomorrow to be with me, which I am super happy about. I wish we were allowed two guests so that I could bring my mum.
Kath and Rachel will be there also, and I'm especially pleased about Kath as she's left London now. I'll get to see both their little daughters as the mummies talk to the man from the press - we're gonna be in the paper I think!

So it all starts at 10am for refreshments, and finishes at 1pm when we all get to have lunch - that's quite a bit of time to fill in the middle there, I wonder what will happen, and hope it's not going to be boring! lol
Oh yes I just remembered - we will be presented with our breastfeeding 'bibles' - the super duper book that has everything you could ever want to know in it. Cool eh?

No comments: